Off Road Driver (“we”) is a "data controller" of the personal information you provide to us. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. Our company registration number is 04679253 and our registered address is Holly Grange, Holly Lane, Balsall Common, Coventry, CV7 7EB.
This privacy notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
Off Road Driver provides goods and services relating to 4x4 experiences, driver training, road safety and driver education.
What information will we collect from you?
We collect personal information that you give to us by filling in forms on our site www.offroaddriver.com (“our site”) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you make a booking via our site or by telephone and when you report a problem with our site.
With regard to each of your visits to our site, we will also automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for' page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
How we will use the information about you
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
Where you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your information, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you are happy for us to use your information in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your information.
- To assess whether you are eligible to attend any lessons and courses you book with us.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
The legal basis for this processing of your personal information is that:
- it is necessary for entering or performing our contract with you;
- it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate business interests of: (i) marketing our business to existing customers and providing our customers with other related products and services that may interest them and (ii) ensuring the proper functioning of our site, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms;
- where you provide us with information relating to your health, it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interest to ensure the safety of customers, staff and third parties in relation to your participation in the driving course or lesson booked;
- where we share your personal information with our sponsors and business partners, it will be because you have consented to this.
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006;
- We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our booking terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety or the rights, property, or safety of our customers or others.
Where we store your personal information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long we keep it
We will keep your personal information for 6 years, after which time it will be destroyed.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- request access to, correction or erasure of, the personal information we hold about you;
- request the restriction of processing of your personal information;
- object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground; and request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal information, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information or to exercise any of the other rights. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Should you be unhappy with our processing of your personal information, you have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office, which is the regulator for data protection.
Please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices to Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF.